25 August, 2007

A Person Of Extremes

fence02
I spent yesterday afternoon listing to the soundtrack to the Deadwood television series and creating this collage. The songs on the CD are inter-dispersed with some classic swearing tirades from Al and Wu and the like. It is definitely not something you can play at family breakfast on Sundays.

It is hard to explain how I, a fan of Jane Austen, Victorian literature, and tea ceremonies (Japanese, Dutch, North Friesian) can be hooked on such a raunchy series as Deadwood.

How do they manage to televise the program in the US, since there is so much swearing going on all the viewer would hear are beeps?

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, I feel like an accumulation of extremes myself. A love of action filled super hero comics and of knitting at the same time for example. Sometimes I think one thing is needed to balance the other one.

    At least you're not boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:12 am

    I think of Deadwood as the poor man's William Shakespeare. The show goes a long way in mixing the obscene, lewd, and vulgar with wonderful verse and prose. Plus, its a HBO presentation, So no bleeps are used. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete