04 August, 2007

I Heart the DB

My mother-in-law and I just travelled today from northern Germany to visit my brother-in-law and his lovely wife in southern Germany. Seven and a half hours by train. No delays. Brief change overs. Good service. I heart the Deutsche Bundesbahn.

Can you imagine travelling from the top of your country to the bottom in seven hours?

I raced through one of the two books I brought along for this four day journey. It was an oversight to bring only two.
tea_freising
This is going to be a four day tea party: Friesing, Munich, Nuremburg, and Erlangen. Originally, I thought I would spead the trip out over a week, but I am celebrating my birthday with my husband at the end of the week, so I had to do speed dial this visit.

1 comment:

  1. I very much love to travel by train in Germany. Especially long distance.

    And now I see what a crowded schedule you're having for your trip. Today you'll probably be in Nürnberg. I hopw you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete