09 August, 2007

Home Safe and Sound

I am back at home from my four-day whirlwind tour of southern Germany. My four-day tea party as I fondly refer to it. The weather was fabulous, which was a spirit booster after the last six weeks of rain and grey skies.

Here is a slide show of some of the photos I took while in Freising and the surrounding area. The two photos with people sitting on picnic tables were taken in a Biergarten (beer garden).

By the time I arrived in Munich to visit with an old friend I shared an apartment with in university (Waterloo, Ontario), my jaw was loose, some long-forgotten memories started bubbling up to the surface, and so we were in for a marathon talking session.
DSC_0078.jpg
This is a photo of my last cup of tea in Munich. I love the fact that my friend is wearing a dress she bought way-back-when; the time she visited me and my parents in Grenada. The dress was made at another friend of mine’s shop in St. George’s. The colours are still looking great after twenty years.
DSC_0092.jpg
Finally, I made a pit stop in Erlangen, my home away from home. This is not because I once lived in Erlangen, but because of a certain family who always make guests feel so much at home.
legs
My beloved Deutsches Bundesbahn (DB) was to go on strike yesterday, but they put it off until today, so I made it home safe and sound. Some would say this has nothing to do with the fact that I, their poster girl, happened to be traveling, but I know better.

1 comment:

  1. How nice to meet old friends. And with the DB it wasn't only you. They did the same for me and my family when we traveled on Friday and Sunday.

    Of course this is because we love it too.

    ReplyDelete