29 December, 2007

Trust: One Word, One Mission

oldwatch02

Christine Kane wrote an interesting blog post called, “Resolution Revolution: A Better Way to Start Your Year”. In brief, she feels setting up a list of New Year’s Resolutions doesn’t work in the long run. Something most of us suspect is true.

Instead, she suggests that we choose a word to guide us through the year. This word is then our focus and we can take the year to explore the endless possible meanings.

My word for this upcoming year is trust. I am going to reflect, contemplate, and meditate upon the meaning of trust. I wish to find out where or when I lost my trust in myself: especially, the loss of confidence in and reliance on my ability to meet life’s challenges. I plan to read, write, dance, do yoga, laugh, cry, dispute, and discuss about what trust is and rediscover that jewel my spirit once possessed.

1 comment:

  1. I tried but failed to comment here yesterday. I just wanted to say what a lovely idea and what a well-chosen theme for 2008. I have done this for the last two years, but this year am looking for a word that is both spiritual, self-affirming and ties in with my concrete goals. I will post when I've found it!

    ReplyDelete