17 December, 2007

Pedestrians Walking By



One of the café I like to visit (it is the only non-smoking café that I know of) has this wide stripe of murky glass along the length of the glass front. This is probably to give the people sitting in the café the illusion of privacy, while offering the maximum of light.

For those of us who are people watchers, we only get a glance of pedestrians walking by from the waist down. It’s actually very entertaining, and smoothing, in a surrealistic way.

I spent all of yesterday working and reworking this photo slideshow, so please take a look and tell me whether or not it shows the appeal of looking the bottom-halves of people.

4 comments:

  1. I love that! It strikes me how fashionably dressed most people are, and how slim! And the song is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. And they do indeed show the appeal of seeing only the bottom 3/4 or 1/2 of a person--it's so easy to make up stories about them when you can't see the faces.

    (Oh, and I loooove Pink Martini. Hope you've had a chance to listen to Hey Eugene!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun.

    I am partial to fractions of things... and I like to watch the changing shadows, too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that was fun. And the music made me smile instantly.

    ReplyDelete