17 May, 2007

No Big Deal

A few weeks ago I went up on my own to one of my favourite holiday retreats. Auspiciously, I went to write. And though I spent many hours transcribing entries from twenty-year-old diaries into my computer, not much writing was done. The weather was so wonderful, I spent a fair amount of daylight either walking along the Baltic Sea coast or taking photographs.


I also spent approximately 14 hours on one of the days of my stay, taking photos for the above-mentioned time raster film.

With a little bit of help from Nomad Son, I managed to create my first film for YouTube today. It’s odd, but I am really excited about having something in the “my video” folder of YouTube.

Neither my husband nor children understand why I’ve been walking around with twinkle toes all afternoon. They occasionally look at my beaming face and say something along the lines of, “Yeah, it sure it great... (yawn)” The only explanation I can come up with is, I have a feeling of being an actor now and not just someone in the audience. Or, maybe, I am a participator and not a consumer. It’s no big deal, but it sure is fun!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 pm

    Love the film! Did you eat the apple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the film too. Great. And of course I understand that you're thrilled to have made a film and published it.

    (And yes, it took me all of three days to find the space in my life to watch such a short film.)

    ReplyDelete