03 October, 2006

Sitting in a Delightful Café


Just me and my lonesome. Tea is in the process of being made.

Oh, paradise. I’m sitting in one of my favourite cafés of Nieby (the only café in the village). The gals are off at the beach. It is part of a nature reserve (here).

An autumnal centrepiece gone wild.

We went shopping early this morning for a few food stables and freshly baked bread rolls. Just as we came out of the store, the sun burst out from behind clouds. I asked the girls whether they wouldn’t rather just go off to the beach for an improvised breakfast picnic, instead of heading back home. You would have thought I had suggested they jump into a lake with all their clothes on. Fortunately, Nature Girl reacted enthusiastically, after a millisecond of delay.

What a perfectly delightful experience it was. The sun had just come up over a misty horizon. There was no wind. Sea birds abound. We even found an improvised wooden bench and unpacked any thing we could find from our grocery bags and just ate out of the wrappings and packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment