21 February, 2008

Letting Light In

frangipani
There are times when a crack in the heavy curtain of daily monotony lets light in and past memories shine with a radiance long forgotten. It was a lovely day today. Perhaps, the gods willing, I might have met a new friend.

I also met with an old friend, who shares many years of history with my family and me. I sat in her kitchen, as she tried to pry me with three homemade cakes. Her grown son just returned from a half a year, half way around the planet. She looks so happy to have him back safe and sound.

I don’t know if it is the season for the frangipani trees to blossom. Maybe a bit early, but this collage is in celebration for all that is simple.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE a frangipani. Something about the clear lines and colours.

    Glad to hear your day was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:15 am

    Wonderful images - I love a good blue.

    We used to have Frangipani on our back patio in Hong Kong. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:32 am

    This imagery and color is so soothing and wonderful. I've been feeling amazingly depressed lately but seeing these images is like taking a deep breath of soothing fresh air. Thank so much! Isn't it amazing how much power art holds!?

    *hugs* and Gratitude*
    Sare-bear

    ReplyDelete