20 April, 2007

Elders Of My Heart

A while ago, I decided to set out on a new venture. Slowly, surely, I wished to face my future years, may the gods grant that they to be plenty, not in mourning for youth long gone, but in celebration of small wisdoms tenaciously gained.

Yesterday, Time Goes By’s author, Ronni, wrote nicely about the background of this wonderful video. Please read her post and watch the video. Hats up and a toast to the members of the group, The Zimmers!



The irreverence, wisdom, the joy and fine sentiment of elders has inspired me. In the short time I've been listening in on their blogging conversations, I've learnt to admire their might.

Here’s a toast raised to those who never lose sight of life’s intrinsic need for change… (here):

The Poet of Bray, John Heath-Stubbs

And a toast to those of us who pursue misguided endeavours in hopes of finding or claiming love… (here):

From The Irish, Ian Duhig

And most touching of all, with warmth and sadness, a tribute to a friend, a story of delicate impropriety… (here):

At the Grave of Asa Beneveniste, by Roy Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment