15 February, 2007

Ode to Olive Oil

carts
After these last weeks of story writing, think I am going to switch to making collages again. This one was inspired by a new brand of Italian olive oil we are using.

When I was young, I remember my mother using Crisco Oil. It was a “cooking” oil. Meaning we used it for everything. Years went by, and she eventually did buy some olive oil. I believe she used two or three tablespoons when making certain salads.

I moved out of our home early on and, I don’t quite remember when it was that I first started buying olive oil instead of Crisco oil, but twenty years or so ago it became the oil of my choice.

We might be able to go weeks without butter, but we can’t do without our lovely olive oil.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:24 pm

    Oh me neither - butter's just for making cakes. Olive oil is for making everything taste yummy, and for bringing some Mediterranean sunshine to these grey February days!

    ReplyDelete