20 February, 2007

Gals Weekend Off

Yuppee! The weekend has now officially begun! Yup, it’s TGIF, even though it is TGIT(uesday). I’m off tomorrow morning to Berlin “for the weekend”.

I bet there are a few of you, like my dear husband, who might be somewhat puzzled over my definition of “weekend”. Admittedly, “once work is over on Tuesday”, does not pop up in most people’s minds when you say, “I’m thinking of going off this weekend”. Some stickler’s might even say a weekend starts Saturday once the shops are closed and lasts until Sunday evening. The more generous minded, might even throw in Friday evening as of dinnertime.

It takes a mighty-minded (desperate) person to propose that “weekend” is a completely fluid term including any number of days as long as a Saturday or a Sunday, and preferably both are involved.

So, I’m off to Berlin tomorrow for the weekend with a few gals (there’s three of us). Ah, what could be more rejuvenating than weekend in the big city: museums, exhibitions, art galleries will be seen if one of us gals has her way, sight-seeing galore if the other gal has her way, café, café, café if this gal gets her way. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment