04 February, 2007

Family Quotes I & II

family_journal2
Me (to Nature Girl): What do you want to give your friend Pia for her birthday?
Nature Girl: A real gift. Not a gift certificate this time. We always give a gift certificate.

Note: Gift certificates were hastily written notes, promising a trip to the zoo or something else along this line. They were desperate attempts to cover up the fact we had, once again, forgotten to go shopping when the shops were open. Can you tell me why all children birthday parties are on Sundays, when all the shops are closed?

Nomad Son (to me): Can I have a house pet?
Me: Don’t you like the rubber snake I bought you during our trip at the Montreal Arboretum?
Nomad Son: No, I just want something alive. Anything; but it has to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment