25 April, 2010

Personality of Things

pinboard01

A while ago, I saw a photograph exhibition in a café in Berlin that was a series of images of the contents of women’s purses. The contents were either neatly positioned in a sort of collage, or just randomly dumped out onto the surface of a table or sidewalk. The images were rather provocative as well as informative. They did seem to speak of the personality of the owner.

pinboard02

I’ve always wondered whether the same thing could be said for what you find on pin boards or how you arrange your office desktop. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating....Yes, I did that photo purse things once. Desktop, not empty enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYN: Nope, that poem was written about my friend Mary Jane. She was about 65 years old, and suddenly collapsed. They maintained her on life support for almost a week until her daughter drove down to authorize an end to her life. It was very sad. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collages! My desk is very cluttered.. a sign of a creative mind?

    As to your question about traits, I don't mind either way I suppose although it's fun to see kids with your own traits (as long as they are not too negative, that is).

    ReplyDelete