30 June, 2008

Old Friends, New Perspectives

I just spent an exhilarating weekend with two old high school friends. One is living in Montreal and is a playwright. The other lives in India and runs a hotel and restaurant. The three of us managed to meet in London for three very short days, but endlessly enjoyable talks.
flower
Given the choice, I’d love it if we could live next door and we could actually share our day-to-day lives. Yet, it is exactly the differences in our lives that make for interesting conversation.

My jaw is sore from all that laughter and talking. My mind is filled with new ideas and perspectives. My heart is overwhelmed at knowing two such smart women.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a happy time! You're clearly feeling inspired, because that's the most beautiful collage I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:54 pm

    Meeting in London when all live else where will leave each of you with a touchstone to last a lifetime. Glad for you. Sounds like it was a good time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have friends like that. I have two sisters I hope to visit in September that are friends like this. They not only inspire, but just the thought of them puts a smile on my face.

    Thanks for the photo information. The head of Customer Service for the Snapfish branch of HP left me a note that all was ok, but it obviously wasn't and isn't. I'm reposting pictures back a few days on both my blogs with a new photohost.

    What a lovely gift, friends like that.

    ReplyDelete