31 May, 2008

Bursting Brain

These last weeks have been very busy, exciting ones. Besides my part-time job at the university, I have been working on three other jobs.

One of the jobs is an online consulting contract. Now that we have worked out the technological glitches, it is all work and no delay. The hours I work are almost one-to-one with the hours I bill, and all this from the comfort of my living room.

Two of the contracts are teaching and lecturing contracts. This work takes more preparation time and the pay is, in retrospect, not adequate. Yet, I am learning so much, the work is interesting, so maybe the limited financial compensation is not so important.

As if this wasn’t enough, a friend of mine in NYC asked me whether I wanted to work on a project, which is, hopefully, going to create an audio-visual public art installation. The concept is so exciting and there is so many ideas floating around that have to be caught and put down on paper and structured into a coherent mass of information, I fear my brain is about to burst.

I’ve been walking around trying to keep my feet on the ground, but exciting ideas create this helium effect that makes grounded-ness counter intuitive. Got to slow down, breathe deep, and relax.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting time!! Congratulations on all the interesting work that is coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 am

    Feast or famine. I prefer feast. Enjoy your productivity!

    ReplyDelete