11 January, 2008

Complete Conviction

My yoga teacher is a wonderful human being. She’s someone to learn yoga with, as well as learn how grow old. She has this grace, sensuousness, playfulness that is delightful to observe.
doorknob
My yoga teacher often talks about spiritual and practical aspects of death and dying. Yesterday, she spoke about our life energy and how it is something infinite. How this energy/spirit/force/soul is there before the moment of birth and remains after we have died. She spoke with such conviction and clarity; she opened a door in my mind.

This made me realise why I’ve been so interested in Barack Obama these last years. It has been so long since I’ve heard someone speak with conviction and clarity. Yes, his speeches are scripted. And, yes, he is just trying to do his job to convince voters to vote for him. Yet, he seems to do it from a deep conviction and that can open people’s mind to new possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. What a thrilling realisation, Lia: that energy goes on. It does make the things we worry about seem smaller when we realise that there is continuation.

    I have not been following the candidate selection process in the US closely, but my instinct tells me that Barack Obama is a good person and that the US could do with his brand of integrity right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way about Obama -- there is something about him that resonates with me in a way that the other candidates don't.

    ReplyDelete