14 January, 2008

Two Weeks In

About two weeks ago, I started out on the very enjoyable venture of woyopracmo. For the month of January, about two hundred persons or so have set a goal to do yoga every day. It has been a very interesting experience so far.

First, the woyopracmo community is very light-hearted and supportive folk. I’ve never participated in a web community before. Inside of these two weeks, I come to understand the benefits of such a platform, as well as the addiction factor.

Many of my friends have tried unsuccessfully to get me on MySpace or Facebook. The only reason I even have a Facebook account is to read some friends’ pages. On a day-to-day basis, I just don’t think I can do this sort of back-and-forth exchange with all sort of people who I don’t know IRL.
orangesstarfruit
Secondly, doing yoga every day is like receiving a large dose of sunshine. Why did I not know this?

Last, but not least, this venture has got me thinking about what else is possible to change in my life. One thing for certain, yoga, social networking, and creative expression of mind will be a part of what is to come next.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting!

    I almost signed up for the yoga-thing when I saw it on your blog but then I remembered that I vowed not to commit to anything new this year... Either I do yoga without a group or I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty great over there, isn't it? And you have been such a big part of contributing to the atmosphere.

    I'm not that into Facebook et al but these self-selected online communities can be pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete