25 September, 2006

Bad Back Day

Yes, thank you, the bad back is doing a bit better. Crawled out of bed with a conviction to make my way, somehow, to work. Feeling better, but in that relative sort of way, meaning not at all good, but still better than the abysmal state I was in yesterday. Got up, drank a cup of tea, sat for about fifteen minutes on a chair and realised I didn’t think I could get out of the chair on my own. So, convictions aside, I decided to call in sick and I am so glad I did.

Each and every slow trip between the living room chair, to read a book and drink a cup of tea, and my bed, to continue reading and take three-minute catnaps, is making my back better. Though this time, in a feeling-pretty-good way and not just better.

My dear friend, C., brought me over some bee poison and beeswax lotion yesterday. The stuff is just incredible: heats up your skin all through the night! I’ve never seen anything like it. Sure wish I had known of the stuff when I was a dancer ions ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment