02 September, 2015

Non-political vegetarian



I enjoyed listening to Mona Chalabi’s rant. Her thoughts are very well stated and it gives me a tweak of joy hearing her step up on the podium.
 
I have been a vegetarian for the last 45 years. I became a vegetarian when I was 13 years old. Not out of zealousness, but because I was a ballet dancer and avoided anything with a high calorie count. Once I stopped dancing, I continued being a vegetarian because the food tasted good.
 
 
It has been interesting to see how vegetarianism has acquired a political power over the last two decades. Some of the focus is legitimate, but some of it is sensational and opportunistic. I feel that I am the Switzerland of this political movement. Even though I have been a vegetarian nearly my whole life, but it is not some political movement I wish to join. 

No comments:

Post a Comment