09 May, 2010

Mother’s Day

Making a bit of a fuss of Mother’s Day is fine with me, but I really feel it should be more of a big to-do about our children. Where would we mothers be without all of the joys and challenges our children introduce into our lives? I know there is International Children’s Day, but it never is quite measures up to all the kind gestures of cake-eating-flower-giving-card-making celebrations of Mother’s Day.

My son sent me a link to the following cartoon animated story from Story Corps. Twelve-year-old Joshua Littman, who has Asperger’s syndrome, interviews his mother, Sarah, and the their conversation is very poignant at times.


Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.


It would be nice to have a Family Day, don’t you think?

1 comment:

  1. Since I never thought much of my mother, and I wasn't much of a mother by myself, I try to ignore mother's day. Ah, realities. Cute film.

    ReplyDelete