22 February, 2010

A Graph is Worth a Thousand Words


My son sent me this graph (large format). If correct, the graph does put a lot of perspective on how effectively the present US administration is at rectifying matters; having been dealt a bad hand to start.

Life is a roller coaster ride these last weeks. There have been many highs: watching my daughter play her first sax solo, reading the first three exciting chapters of a dear friends book, seeing my son prepare madly for his final exams (Abitur), sharing some wonderful times with friends from "down south", slip-sliding-away on the icy streets of Luebeck. The troughs are best passed over. These are exceedingly busy times. I'm endeavouring, not always successfully, to raise my hands in the air and shriek with amazement rather than crouch down and hold on the the ridges with by the tips of my fearful fingertips.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:55 pm

    Good for you, Lia! It's tough, but you are so good at finding the joy. And I know, I just know, that it's all going to have been worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete