08 July, 2006

It’s Party Time!

Germany just won third place in the World Cup. Good game.



The man of the evening, Schweinsteiger

GER : POR, 8 July 2006, Stuttgart, Germany
SCHWEINSTEIGER Bastian (GER)
Copyright: AFP / afp.com


Though a Portugal player shot a goal into the Portuguese side. I was sort of surprised that it wasn’t portrayed as the end of this guy’s career, though it was obviously a big booboo. It seems to me as though it is like friendly fire in the army, so why isn’t it considered a terrible deed?

I am just a soccer fan during a World Cup or European Championships, so the fact that I don’t understand this sort of thing, just goes to show how ignorant a person I am when it comes to this sport.

The fans are out in the streets (with the police alongside) creating a huge ruckus. Doubt there will be any sleep to be had tonight. It is not so much the honking cars but the blaring boat foghorns and electronic sirens that contribute most effectively to the cacophony.

I am happy the Germans won third place, and I am incredibly proud of every single person here who have made these games (so far) such a wonderful jubilant occasion of celebration. I hope that some of its joy has filtered over to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment