05 May, 2006

My favourite place

My favourite place to sit outdoors at the moment, now that spring has arrived, is in the Vai Restaurant. It is just around the corner from where we live, and everything (ambience, food, drink, music, people) is, as Goldilocks said, Just Right. The header for this blog originated from a collage I made using photos there about a year and a half ago.


It was my first experiment with podcasting (diary of a notorious café goer). Since, at that time, the idea of podcast-free music was in its early stages, most of the music I used in the podcast was not copyright-free and therefore, I cannot publish it.

Creating a podcast is a delightful pastime/occupation, but it is far more time-consuming than most laypersons would assume. I developed an enormous respect for the various hosts of podcasts, either professional or amateurs.

At the moment, I am trying to put together some sort of opinion or preference list concerning podcasting. The BBC podcast Digital Planet mentioned in their April 24th show that it is believed that most podcast listeners are young tech-savvy males. I don't comply with any of these things, which means that most preference lists are not quite along my lines. And yours? Can anyone suggest good music, film, art, or book podcasts?

When I finally write something, I will publish on the Media Safe 101 page in the Red Tent Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment