14 May, 2023

Strange occurrences

Last weekend...

I am staying in a lovely hotel in London. I go down early every morning at 7 am to drink ginger and lemon tea and work on my Talkshow Rivals project. Then around 10 am, my colleague comes down, and we eat breakfast together. 

Yesterday's early morning work session was accompanied by an American couple eating breakfast and then getting into a furious fight. They thought they were whispering, but I could hear everything they said. Ultimately, their argument ended in a declaration of divorce and the wife stamping out of the room, and the red-faced husband loitering a time in the restaurant, presumably to give his wife enough time to pack her bags. Since I was the only one in the restaurant with them, I felt like a witness to a crime. Really weird experience. 

This morning, there was a British couple right behind where I was sitting, obviously very much in lust with each other. They spent a good hour or more finding everything the other person says hysterically, giddily funny. They giggled and laughed their way through a large breakfast meal. I wanted to turn to them and say, "Get a hotel room" to them, but hey, that is precisely what they were doing. I had forgotten the lightheadedness they were experiencing at the first flush of passion. At my age, I just find it highly irritating.

Can't wait to see what strange occurrence happens tomorrow morning.  

(This post is part of my "Growing Up & Growing Old" project.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment