13 November, 2020

Tender mercies and HLG

 

A few years ago, I took a course called, The Science of Happiness. It was a wonderful learning experience. There was a lot told about positive psychology and the meaning of daily rituals. My grandmother taught me one of her daily rituals and even though I probably have mention it a few times over the last years I would like to mention it one more time.

Every night before my grandmother went to bed, she counted, what she called, her tender mercies. She would think of three acts of kindness she had given those around her and also three acts of kindness given to her by others.

I also have a daily ritual I do most mornings before starting work, HLG. I write down the one thing (highlight) I really wish to accomplish that day, the one thing in all likelihood I will not be able to do (let go), and finally one thing that at that very moment I am grateful for (gratitude). 

* This post is part of my "Growing Up & Growing Old" project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment