14 April, 2024

I am... an avid reader (1/3)

Books. Books. Books. My best friends.
 
Reading was a way to escape during my childhood. I'd spend hours in my room, letting my imagination explore other worlds. The best part was finding friends in faraway places who lived lives of such adventure that it made my heart beat quickly. This was where I wanted to be. These places were where I felt most at home.

Every week, we would go to three libraries and take out the maximum number of books. It was a thrill to bring back new books and put them in a pile next to my bed. Anticipation (Vorfreude) distracted me to an extreme; I yearned to start right away. The stories were all waiting for me to open the covers of the books and let them come into existence. A thrill I experience to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment