23 March, 2024

Farewell to the company


Yesterday was the last of the workshops I facilitated for the company I worked for for the last six years. Over the last 40 years or so, I have had the joy of facilitating learning and development at numerous companies, training (I guess) thousands of participants on a veryvery wide range of topics. Now, I am going into retirement. Halleluja!

Many of the participants from this last workshop came over to say a special thank you. Some I have worked with closely over the last six years. For others, it was their first time doing leadership training with me, and yet they were delighted and grateful for my facilitation. I tried very hard to "stay in the moment" and to accept their compliments and hugs (so many hugs) with grace. 

(Letting in praise and opening my heart to others has been a long inner journey. It took me over 60 years to believe in and value praise. So, for all of you reading this, learn to do this. It is invaluable to making connections with those around you.) 

I will still work as a coach, facilitator and consultant, but I will be able to choose my contracts. Fortunately, I already have two or three contracts on the list, not enough to be alarming, but certainly those I am very much looking forward to doing. This is a soft entry into retirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment