01 January, 2024

Learning again


It has been years now since I used Photoshop and made collages, let alone used Illustrator to make vector graphics and layouts of documents. I feel this inclining to go back and learn again how to use these programs. It will be an upward slog, no doubt. 


So, I bought Affinity, which appears to be much the same and oh so much more affordable. 

It has taken me days to create the above on Affinity Photo. I drew the main parts as a cut-out and then sketched in the textures and patterns. I am going to make a paper-cut-out version of this for my visual diary.

In the 1990s, I had the idea of learning how to use Photoshop. At that time, there was no easy way to learn except to take very expensive courses at some institute, which was too much for my bank account, considering the price of Photoshop. 

So, I made a deal with the owner of a local graphic studio for whom I did some translating. We bartered my translating fees for one-on-one lessons with the owner. Now, all I have to do is go and watch tutorials on Skillshare.

No comments:

Post a Comment