21 February, 2023

Shortshortstori (RIP 2009 -2019... maybe)

I really dislike what has happened to twitter over the last few years. The presence of a “certain president” and the acquisition by a particular “emperor who wears no clothes” has made me wonder whether I should finally close down my two twitter accounts.

One was for a business account that I used briefly and then stopped, so I could close without any sense of loss. It is just litter I forgot to pick up and throw away.

The other is my shortshortstori account. My veryvery modest act of rebellion against the miasma of white noise in the ether of the internet. I tried to create stories/tweets as a form of modern haikus in 180 characters. Flower buds resting briefly on the mountains of trash/information.

Seems a ridiculous endeavour now. I wonder if I will close this account or let it rest peacefully in the tweetussphere.

(This post is part of my "Growing Up & Growing Old" project.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment