16 December, 2005

Paraphrasing

Reading a scifi series again. A few times a year, I reread some of my favourite fantasy, scifi, murder mystery series. Just finishing of the last, of about ten, “Vorkosigan Adventure” books from Lois McMaster Bujold.

Yesterday’s book (yes, we are talking about mass consumption here: 10 books in about 12 days on last count) had two really good quotes, which I can only paraphrase:

It’s easier to get forgiveness than it is permission.

The difference between heaven and hell, is the company you keep there.

Now, maybe both are much used sayings, but they did strike me as being very astute. I especially like the second one in respect to heaven and hell on earth. Where would I be without my wonderful, eclectic, crazy collection of family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment