20 December, 2005

Holding on by the Skin of my Teeth

One more day of work and then two and a half weeks of vacation! I can hardly wait, for I am completely stressed out, though, on the brighter side, quite a few promising developments have begun to show in two or three of the school projects.

In particular, two teachers whose students are doing pilot blogging projects at their school have told me they are seriously considering two further long-term blogging projects. The scope and timeframe of these new projects are more impactful than the present ones.


I am particularly pleased that the teachers were not discouraged by the mediocre, in my opinion, results of the students in their present blogs. The teachers were very sovereign about the initial outcome and optimistic that the students would eventually understand the essence of blogging with time and exposure.

Tomorrow, I am taking a train up to Kiel with a high school teacher, who also teaches at the University of Kiel, and her 9th-grade students to present their projects. I will give a presentation about our KiMM (Kids in Media and Motion) research project. It is going to be a long day.

If all goes well, I plan to decorate the Christmas tree with my dear hearts tomorrow evening after indulging in a warm meal and drinking a fine glass of red wine. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment