31 May, 2021

Counting steps

Every day, every hour, during my workday, I go downstairs and walk up and down the massive entry area into the inner court garden. Back and forrth, 5-10 minutes per hour. Ffitbit counting my steps, along the massive stone floor that once horse and carriage drove through.

Months and months… nearly a year and a half now, I have walked the corridor into the garden and back along the corridor… endless number of times. My fitbit might be counting, but not I. Instead, I listen to teachings, talks, and ramblings from educational sites (e.g. LinkedIn Learning or Blinkist) or podcasts or audio books. Sometimes I just do walking meditation.

Generally, it is a solitary pursuit. Yes, there are some apartments looking over the inner court, but for the most part, I am alone in my wanderings. Every once in a while, someone will wait until I notice them and we wave.

(This post is part of my "Growing Up & Growing Old" project.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment