16 July, 2020

new career perspectives


A small miracle happened, I received a promotion to Senior HR Manager. I feel such elation. I have fought many battles in my career and faced many prejudices. I did not always manage to be gracious and grateful for every small personal career-step attained. I would often lament about the systemic misogyny and xenophobia that prevails as strongly now as when I started my career. I have also often felt defeated by the shameful little change my generation of women managed make. 

So, this promotion makes me happy because it shows my children that their mother found a company that was willing to put their faith in me at such a late stage in my career. How I wish I could share the news with Dave. He would have been chuffed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment