30 June, 2024

#booksIlove: the Millennium trilogy

The whole original series by Stieg Larsson was shrouded in mystery. He appeared out of the blue with all three books more or less complete and then disappeared, unfortunately dying before the books were published.

The stories are dark and often violent, which is not something I normally enjoy, yet they are riveting. It is mainly the Lisbeth Salander character that I am enthralled with. I read the series (but skip over the worst parts) every year or two and feel that they have travelled well in time.

Then there is the story of Stieg Larsson's partner, Eva Gabrielsson, who insists she is a co-writer of the series and goes into a court battle with Larsson's family. Was she, was she not, what will happen? All very mysterious. 
    

1 comment:

  1. Hernibs9:49 pm

    I figured it out somewhat. I really enjoy your Haiku writings.

    ReplyDelete