17 March, 2023

Promise to myself

Time to think slowly
Stop all distracting actions
River of thoughts flows.

Wonder when it happened. It took time. And there were never any nefarious intentions, for sure. Yet, somewhere in the last years, I have stopped spending quiet time with myself. Instead, I always need to be doing some sort of action or having conversations... chugging away all day long. 

I never just gaze off into the distance and get lost in my thoughts. Nor am I comfortable with that squeamish sensation of boredom. Even going for a walk seems a waste of time unless I listen to a podcast or audiobook. Crazy. Maybe Julien is right. I should stop watching K-dramas for a while. Turn off the moving pictures, and close down the screens.

I could move slower and have sustained moments of no activity. Take time to listen to music. Really listen to the music instead of using it to fill in the background of the movie that is my day-to-day life.

Promise to self: acquire a daily practice of letting the river of thoughts flow.

(This post is part of my "Growing Up & Growing Old" project.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment