28 March, 2021

My system for Year of Freedom

 

Still working on the Year of Freedom. I started by creating a mind map of things I wanted…

  • to do (e.g. continue with family podcast, restart yoga)
  • to think about (e.g. be more aware of my biases, willingness to have uncomfortable conversations)
  • to learn (e.g. to write haiku, to drive a car again)
  • to explore (e.g. gratitude practices, my inner eccentric nature)
  • to express and feel (e.g. lightness of being, the power of emotional language)  

The point of focusing a whole year on the word is to transform my aspirations from something internal into something tangible. I am letting my body and mind find a daily practice.


So, I started a monthly written reflection, a weekly checklist, and a daily gratitude practice. I do not write down what day I am to do what activity. Rather, I put down the ideas and see how well they take growth in my life. And then once a month, I meet with three amazing women to discuss what we have learned, and where we are in the flow of our word. It is a gentle way of inner exploration.

Drawing inspired by Andrew Ridley on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment